Saturday 3 January 2009

Of is what 'if' means now (1997)


all of the Ofs in the world wonder 'if'?

i keep low and make no sense
white whales in the air bring gifts
my heart is full and my body is dense

What gave in
too many small places
when the Of went off into the desert

my Of gives me hope
and kisses my faces
while her Of fell onto the sand like a feather

when the snow comes in mexico
the waves all stand
dead in their tracks
like liquid dunes
salty forever creating new land

things we don't
and can't control
the Ofs gave in and destroyed the Earth;;;;;
the planets empty like a bowl
the Ofs gave in and destroyed the Earth;;;;;
the Ofs gave in and destroyed the Earth;;;;;;;
when does the bowl work best?
Of is what If means now...
....
...
..
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice flow...cadence...lost me a little on the bowl tho.

smiles...explain it?