Sunday 4 October 2015

Live 'til I get Rare.





There was always some Night in my Day.
The rays of Dark protruding somehow
From behind the Sun so far away.
The starlit Blue Sky keeps the Dark at bay
As the Darkness tries to take it's place.

There was always some Sound in my Silence.
The deafening roars climbing over
My ears, into my head, like a pride of lions
Cruising the sandy plains, the alpha's defiance
And growling broke my tranquil chain of quiet islands.

There was always some Bitter in my Sweet.
The vinegar lingers like memories float
Like ships with no sails looking for a beach
To anchor their hopes and worries and dreams.
To find dry land and get back on their Terran feet.

There was always some Foulness in my Flowers.
Their petals hang on to their lovely stalks
As winds come along and blow for hours.
The sweet pungent odors falling like towers
Erected by men with too many powers.

There was always some Numb in my Touch.
When you touch too long the nerve endings get rough
And sensitive to even the slightest rub.
The Numbness takes over and gives too much
To the feelings you forget to clutch.

There is always some Hope in my own Despair
Shining brightly from within my soul.
Clearing the cold and noisy air
And glowing that dark away, so scared
To see me wake as a Solar Flare
And live 'til I get rare.


Live 'til I get rare.



No comments: