Tuesday 16 March 2021

a 3rd


 
 
 
i flew away from home
and created a new life
fifteen years ago
i left the west behind
for her
i stuffed my spirit
my heart, body and soul
into a suitcase with
enough clothes for a week
some dvd's, grooming stuff
an old computer tower
some hope and anticipation
i had no idea what i was in for
 
after 10 months
she hurt herself
and bled 
2 years of trying to
stay positive while
your life is being sucked dry
by someone's borderline mind
manic depression is a frustrating mess
jimmy knew what he was singing about
2 years of growth and optimism
and after almost 5 years 
it finished

moving on
a year of weirdness 
followed by a few months 
of solitude 
another fascination popped
into my life
and me
too fast
too lonely
let them in
love works in strange ways

managing the fears of someone else
is so tiring
being nagged and judged is just as so
especially when you are ill and are 
preoccupied with living and not getting
stressed until you cry
when you don't stand up for yourself
the effects are unbearable
then you snap 
and you have to make a decision
to hurt someone before it goes awry
and you regret what you've become
july 19 of 2019 was the worst day of my life

but the choice made has brought me 
to the here and now
the last 3rd has been a challenge
i love myself and where i am
and what i've become
those hard moments made me stronger
wiser
my bullshit-o-meter is sensitive
i will never allow myself to take the same path
the red flags are so obvious 
i am on the straight and narrow
to the end


No comments: